Get Same-Day Oral Care
Emergency Dentistry In Elk Grove
Whether you’ve experienced a painful oral injury, a toothache, or a pulled-out or loose piece of dental work, these issues are all considered dental emergencies. If you are in need of immediate care, call us now to let us know you’re coming in for an emergency visit. Getting immediate care is the best way to get out of pain and ensure that your mouth stays healthy.
Care When You Need it Most
Same-Day Appointments Available
At The Grove Family Dental, we offer same-day appointments to all of our patients. If you are experiencing a dental emergency, just call us at (916) 333-0609 to let us know that you’re coming in. If possible, we ask that you call ahead so we can prepare for your visit, and provide you with quicker treatment. However, we also do accept walk-in emergency patients at our office, which is located at 10043 Bruceville Road, Unit 160, Elk Grove, CA 95757.
What Is a Dental Emergency?
Understanding the Basics
The most obvious dental emergencies include oral injuries like loose, knocked-out, cracked, and damaged teeth. However, serious toothaches and loose or missing dental work also count as dental emergencies.
If you have a dental issue that is causing you serious bleeding, pain, or discomfort and you do not know how to treat it on your own, you’re experiencing a dental emergency. Schedule an appointment at our office right away to get help.
What to Do in a Dental Emergency
Knocked-Out Teeth, Missing/Loose Dental Work
A knocked-out tooth is one of the most serious dental emergencies and you must be treated within 1-2 hours to save it.
- First, call our office to tell us about your issue so that we can prepare for your visit.
- Next, recover your tooth. Grab it by the crown, not the fragile root to avoid damaging it.
- Rinse it with warm water if it is dirty.
- Try to gently replace the tooth in its socket. If this is not possible, put it in a baggie or container of cold milk to keep the root alive until your appointment.
- Once your tooth is secured, come to our office immediately to have it splinted and replaced.
Missing/loose dental work is also a serious dental emergency.
- If possible, recover your filling, crown, or other dental work before coming in. We may be able to simply reattach it in some cases.
- Call us for an appointment and come in right away to have your dental work repaired or replaced.
Do I Need an Emergency Appointment?
The Importance of Immediate Emergency Care
First and foremost, getting emergency dental care helps prevent further pain and discomfort. You can get relief from your issue and get back to your day-to-day life. Getting immediate care also ensures that you do not have to worry about additional complications that could cost you more time and money in the long run.
For these reasons, it is crucial to always get in touch with The Grove Family Dental for same-day care as soon as you experience a dental emergency of any kind.